Wednesday, November 3, 2010

heading for the final precipice

date taken: april 29, 2010
photo by: me
subject: switchfoot on guam

see. here's the problem with taking a break from blogging. when you get back in, you end up posting stuff out of order because really important stuff takes precedence. i can't believe i almost totally forgot to blog about switchfoot.

when my little brother domo first told me switchfoot was playing, i rolled my eyes. he ain't exactly the poster child for reliability. but he came through!! sneaking both me and bffff LGR into naval station for a free switchfoot show was possibly the nicest thing he's ever done for me. maybe the only nice thing he's ever done for me. just kidding. i'm sure he's done one or two more nice things. just kidding. mostly.

anyway, switchfoot was exactly what i needed. inspirational but not jesusy. i'm not entirely sure if their music went over so well with the military crowd they were playing to, especially when they started preaching about peace. their encore was a combination of a sublime "dare you to move" and an interesting cover of the beastie boys' "sabotage." though i tried to get video, the sound isn't so great because I was standing right next to the stage.

the show was outdoors, on a patch of grass across from the Navy Exchange, it was all ages, and it was free on account of NEX appreciation week. AND the band took pictures with absolutely anyone who wanted a photo after the show, which i thought was pretty classy.

"dare you to move" will always be my favorite song of theirs, but this song was certainly memorable.

Switchfoot - Yet (Live)

0 comments:

Post a Comment