Tuesday, November 2, 2010

everybody know who i am

one of the reasons I've been totally MIA since August is because I was asked to be the Commissioner of the Marianas Variety Fantasy Football league. It's the first year of the paper's league, and I put a lot of work into it, especially up front, setting up scoring and schedules, and writing bi-weekly articles for two leagues that will compete in Week 18 for the ultimate prize for any fantasy player: a trip for two to the superbowl.

sadly, being commissioner has kind of taken some of the joy out of the game for me. i've been neglecting my outside league, which i'm also the commissioner of. i'm not eligible to win the trip, so it's not like i can talk *too* much shit. and people are constantly calling me out 'cause i'm not the stereotypical fantasy player (i.e. i was born without that defective Y chromosome, i'm not morbidly obese, and i don't live in my mom's basement).

i don't want to get sidetracked too badly, because this IS a music post. randy moss just got waived from the vikings yesterday, and the runner at my office clued me in to this decent mashup aired on ESPN. it's not on the blogs yet, but i don't see why not.

and to my homie randy, though i do truly believe you are crazy (in the clinical sense), i believe in your talent, and i feel your pain. godspeed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment