Tuesday, July 6, 2010

everyone seems so uptight

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event

i was nervous. felt like i was gonna throw up. kept asking myself if i was ready, reminding myself there was no hurry. my fingers were shaking, when all i really wanted was to seem confident, like i had done this before. but i was also impatient. my expectations were so high. and sure enough, as soon as i got that first taste, i was hooked. there was no going back. that day changed me and my sister's lives forever.

funky divas was my first CD ever. my sister mel's first CD was the soundtrack to beverly hills 90210. we got them at the same time. CDs were momentous, they were clean, easy to store, easy to transport, held a lot of songs, the biggest downside being that you can skip tracks, which means it's too easy for the listener to not hear a mix the way the mixer intended.

but i played funky divas like it was a tape. beginning to end. and soon enough i spent all my money on CDs. my mom would light a candle at church if i ever asked her to take me shopping for clothes, 'cause all i really wanted was musicmusicmusic.

this was my favorite song from the album, and though i was a good girl and a half, i thought this song and this video were sexy as hell.






En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel

0 comments:

Post a Comment