Tuesday, July 20, 2010

sprinkle with a little parsley...

date taken: july 20, 2010
photo by: me
subject: thin-crust anchovy pizza

i actually make quite a bit of pizza. and i've been on kind of a dough-making frenzy in general for the past month or so. i'm just trying to perfect it so i don't have to keep looking. i make it in big batches and freeze it in zip locks and defrost it in the fridge two days before for a quick mid-week meal. it probably seems like i got a lot of time on my hands, but actually, my perfect dough is forgiving and rises in the fridge overnight. this dough is my favorite thin-crust so far, and since thin-crust is my favorite, i guess this is my favorite pizza dough.


my favorite pizzas that I make are Buffalo Chicken and Exotic Mushroom. but when my friend xorxe suggested anchovy, i couldn't say no. this was the easiest pizza ever, the ingredients were easy to find, and it had a nice kick to it on account of the fact that i used good old-fashioned boonie peppers, so it is now permanently on the pizza menu. thank you jamie oliver! only modifications are based on another pizza book that i have, which recommended putting the anchovies on under the cheese. what i ended up doing was putting down a thin layer of mozzarella, then the anchovies mix then more mozzarella. that's what's up.


just a little sidenote. my favorite pizza topping is lemon zest. try it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment